Monday, May 6, 2013

Review: Maybelline Color Tattoo in Seashore Frost & Waves of White

Left: Seashore Frost ; Right: Waves of White


Maybelline recently came out with their summer 2013 collection of Color Tattoos that mostly consist of duo chromes and they are absolutely gorgeous!  I only purchased the two that I knew I would get a lot of use out of, but the whole collection is stunning.  

Okay, can we just talk about how beautiful these colors are (Swatches below)!?  My favorite is "seashore frost" which is a bronze to blue duo chrome.  It definitely showed up more gold/bronze on me with only the slightest bit of a deep blue (which I liked since I'm not really one for blue eyeshadow).  The other one I picked up was "waves of white" which is a true iridescent white.  It's absolutely gorgeous!  I heard that these change color when they are blended over a black shadow so I tried that (swatches below) and holy crap!  I didn't think these shadows could get any more stunning, but boy was I wrong... pairing these over a black shadow completely changed the color and I couldn't decide if I like the natural color or the color with black shadow better.  Now I kind of want to pick up all the other shades! 

The formula on these is amazing.  It was love at first application... no, seriously!  I normally don't wear eyeshadow because it always tends to disappear after a few hours even with primer thanks to my super oily eyelids, but these definitely stayed put all day and I didn't even use a primer!  I was pleased with the wear time although I didn't wear it for 24 hours as the name states, but I could see it actually lasting that long since even at the end of the day the color was still vibrant.  

Gosh I can't say enough good things about this product!  I am absolutely head over heels for these shadows and that's a lot coming from a non-shadow-wearer (huh? is that a real word? oh well).  If you see these at the drugstore and are interested in trying them, don't even hesitate they're totally worth it!

Love Always,
Lahini

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...